Tuesday 21 February 2012

F for Face Care

My mum has always stressed the importance of looking after your skin and she definitely practices what she preaches. She moisturises everyday and takes great care of her skin. For years i have tried to follow her example but I was always too lazy. For the 5th year in a row I made the resolution to take better care of my skin and so far I have kept it up. I have always used a face wash and occasionally used a toner but now I cleanse, tone and moisturise morning and night. I have combination to oily skin however it does get very dry in the winter. I also have quite sensitive skin so if you have a similar skin type these products may help you.


Step 1: Wash your face. 
I don't have a go-to face wash, i usually go for which ever one is on offer at the time. I like to use daily scrubs as they exfoliate the face but are gentle enough for everyday use. I tend to use either a clearasil or a neutrogena face wash as they seem to work well with my skin.


Step 2: Cleanse
This is something I have only just started using and it makes a difference. I love how soft and clean my skin feels after using it. I use a cotton pad to apply it. One tip I was taught is to apply it in upward circular motions as it apparently helps get make-up out of your pores. This is just from superdrug's simply pure range which is for sensitive skin, I can't remember the price but it wasn't expensive. 


Step 3: Tone
I love how using a toner can make your skin feel so fresh.  I use a cotton pad to apply and I use this after my cleanser to take off the excess. I have had this toner for a while now as you can see from the picture. I love olay products, my mum has used a lot of their products over the years and has never complained. 


 Step 4: Moisturise
I use a day cream and a night cream. The day cream has SPF 15 which is great for me as I have very pale and sensitive skin. The night cream is thicker than day cream so my skin is always super soft when I wake up. The creams are from superdrug's Vitamin E range and where 2 for £5 when I bought them, so they were a bargin. I have had them for a while now and i still have loads of product left. 


And remember to take your make-up off!!
I use this to remove my eye make-up. I usually do it before I cleanse and tone. This is also from the simply pure range which is aimed at sensitive skin. It claims to be gentle however I have really sensitive eyes and I find that my eyes become irritated if i use a lot of product. I think I will get a cream based product next time in the hope that it is more gentle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment